Money is the only reason I can imagine working at a club. It's the reason Rob the bouncer started doing it again and finally after years of wondering who he is, his new book has brought him out of the smoke filled dark. 21 questions with Rob the Bouncer. Link has a pic.
I haven't decided if I'm going to buy the book or not. Several months back I had e-mailed him and it turns out he is a jerk. A jerk with a mind and some emotion (this I can hang with) though as he sent a second e-mail later in the evening kinda-sorta apologizing for the way he came across and explaining himself more completely.
I think his first e-mail to me was an initial reaction he later regretted. He must have thought about it for a while which led to his second e-mail later on. It amused me to think our little dialogue made him think during the evening. That reflection and his follow up e-mail I respect. Of course I was steamed after the first e-mail and decided I wasn't going to buy the book. After his second e-mail I figured I could have come across wrong as well and just let bygones be.
I won't buy the book right now because I am moving in two weeks and need that money to move with. Maybe after I get settled again I'll make the purchase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment